What is Latisse®?
Latisse® is a prescription medication that has been approved by the FDA for the treatment of hypotrichosis, which is when you have very short or thin eyelashes. When used as directed, Latisse® helps lengthen and darken lashes while also giving them a fuller appearance. Some results can be noticed in about a month, with full benefits being visible around 16 weeks after beginning treatment. Regular use is required in order to maintain these results.
It is used by placing a few drops on a disposable applicator that is included with the product, and then swiping the skin of the upper eyelid near the ends of the eyelashes. When finished, simply blot any excess moisture away with a tissue. Repeat on the other eye using a fresh applicator. Latisse® should not be applied to lower lashes.
Patients who tried this medication during a clinical trial reported the following results:
- A 106% increase in the thickness of their lashes
- A 25% increase in eyelash length
- An 18% increase in darkness
Benefits of Latisse®
- Naturally lush eyelashes
- New lashes grow in thicker and fuller
- No need to wear fake eyelashes for important meetings or nights on the town
- You can get rid of lash glue, eyelash curlers and lengthening mascara
- Never have to worry about raccoon eye
- When used as directed, Latisse® can help people who suffer from hypotrichosis have the full set of eyelashes they once enjoyed.